keep in mind
- Stay hydrated. Staying in warm waters for long periods can cause dehydration. Remember to drink, before and during your visit.
- Use conditioner. The water does not harm your hair, but it will make it dry. So use plenty of conditioner, before and after you enter the water.
- Remove the jewelry. The water can affect items of jewelry, so please remove them before you enter the lagoon. You can keep them in your private locker.
- Skip the goggles. There is no visibility beneath the surface, so goggles and underwater cameras are unnecessary.
- Bring sunglasses. On sunny days, we highly recommend that you bring sunglasses, as sunlight reflects strongly off the water.
The blue lagoon
pre-booking is REQUIRED
Geo Hotel offers complimentary transfers to and from the Blue Lagoon. These transfers can be scheduled in the hotel lobby upon arrival. Please note that a reservation is required for the Blue Lagoon. Therefore if you have not booked your ticket(s) already we strongly recommend that you make a reservation as soon as possible in order to make sure you get a ticket for the time you want. You can book online or we could do it for you if you tell us when you want to go. The Blue Lagoon is open every day of the year. They welcome many visitors each day and therefore pre-booking is essential to ensure your space. If you arrive without a pre-booked ticket, you are very likely to miss out.
close to our hotel
The Blue Lagoon is in only a 10 minute drive from Geo Hotel so guests can easily visit the phenomenon at any convenient time.
Complimentary shuttle service
The hotel offers free shuttle rights to and from the lagoon on the whole hour on demand. In a nice weather a walk to the Blue Lagoon can be very lovely, through the lava field. Walking distance is around 6 km (3.7 miles) from the hotel.